This is another favorite of mine (and Ian’s). I was craving something sweet at work one day, and decided this would be a great experiment to make in the microwave!
Since that first experiment, we often make this as a quick dessert, and really enjoy the simplicity (and self-enforced portion control!)
Mug cakes have been quite the craze recently- my friend Haylee even bought raspberry and coconut packet mug cakes!
Chocolate Chip Mug Cake
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- Get out a large mug.
- First melt the butter in the mug, then mix well with the egg yolk, sugars and salt.
- Gradually stir in the flour and finally add the chocolate chips.
- Microwave for one minute at 80% power (the time might change based on how powerful your microwave is). The top will look light and yellow and may even seem under-cooked but if you gently press the top and it lightly springs back, it’s perfect (don’t overcook or it will be dry and tough in spots).
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Recipe Source: from this recipe at Mel’s Kitchen Cafe