It’s been a flat out couple of weeks. We’ve been back to Sydney a few times, driven to Byron Bay for a friend’s wedding, and slowly trying to unpack after moving!
If you’re looking for a quick vegetarian dinner, this recipe is perfect. I like it because it’s the kind of recipe you can make with what’s sitting around in the house. I often buy the pre-sealed packets of Danish feta from Aldi, and with a jar of semi-sun dried tomatoes in the fridge, it’s super easy.
This quiche is one of the first recipes that I cooked when I moved out of home. I got this from Emily, one of my closest friends, who made it when I came over for lunch one day. It is deceptively simple, but amazingly tasty.
Give it a shot!
Em’s Vegetarian Quiche
You can substitute a packet of shredded frozen spinach for the baby spinach. Just make sure to defrost first, and squeeze well to drain out any excess liquid, otherwise you’ll end up with a soggy quiche!
- 6 eggs
- 1 can light evaporated milk
- 100g semi-sun dried tomatoes, oil drained
- 1 block Danish fetta (200g) cut into cubes
- 1 bag baby spinach leaves (150g)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Lightly beat the eggs, and mix in the evaporated milk.
- Pour this mixture into a pie dish, add in spinach leaves, making sure they are submerged.
- Then add semi sun dried tomatoes, and cubed Danish feta, evenly spread.
- Cook in the oven for 45 minutes.
Recipe Source: from my good friend Emily